As a coach, teacher, and facilitator, I believe that behind every challenge is a doorway to its innate solution. The edge of our comfort zone is the exact place where growth can happen and where dynamic insights can be reached.
I engage clients to come into greater alignment with their purpose to foster clarity, inner direction and enhance communication.
Focusing on communication, I support clients expression and engagement. I partner with you to utilize overt and covert information, to gain an overview and shift tension into supportive movement. This creates flow and enhances relationships and collaboration.
Drawing on my background in visual art and love of network theory, I utilize imagery, pattern awareness and metaphor to convey the nuance of each situation. By mapping patterns, and zooming in and out to see the details and the larger picture, we make what is implicit, explicit, to enhance possibility and agency in each interaction.
Education and Further Training
- MA and Diplomate in Process-Oriented Psychology, from the Process Work Institute in Portland, Oregon
- ICF Certified Coach
- Process-Oriented Coaching and Facilitation, with the Deep Democracy Institute, Europe & US
- BA in Anthropology, from Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Certified Grundkraft Facilitator, from Grundkraft, Zurich, Switzerland
- “Train the trainer” certification through Leaders Empowered, Barcelona, Spain
- “Mysterium Training for Helping Professionals” with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, focusing on analytical techniques that can be integrated into any form of healing, including developmental, depth, analytical, cognitive, and the expressive art therapies
Welcoming All Parts and Aspects of a Person
This attitude is known as Deep Democracy. Deep Democracy suggests that all voices, states of awareness, and configurations of reality, are important and necessary to understand the complete process of a system. A deeply democratic attitude brings to awareness voices that are both central and marginal, creating space for diversity, within the self, as well as within groups. Integrating information beyond immediate goals brings a better understanding of the dynamics unfolding within a system, and a deeper stability.
Discovery of Hidden Gifts and Strengths in Challenges and Obstacles
Challenges, when met as possibilities holding seeds of insight and transformation, provide an outlet through which we can expand our awareness and resiliency. Revealed are directions which point toward generative change. Intrinsic, though sometimes surprising, solutions result – but ones naturally suited for the unique system they evolved from.
In unearthing the insights and wisdom from the challenges that cross our path we can expand our awareness, increasing our capacity to move with the bumps of life. For many people this leads to an increase in energy and heightened sense of well-being as they are no longer spending as much time simply reacting to the things that disturb them.